Rebecca Richards, on the IAPP blog: COVID-19, privacy, and school recordings This is an incredibly important topic and it cuts a lot of different ways:
- Privacy expectations of, for, and among students
- Privacy expectations for teachers
- Privacy expectations for students' and teachers' families
- Records management and disposition of potentially extremely sensitive information
- Freedom of expression, from both students and teachers, and concerns over others seeing and reviewing recordings
- Security of recordings, and, truth be told, of streams - not so much at the platform level as at the "my Zoom session doesn't use a password and I'm too lazy to see whether anyone is on the session that I don't recognize"
- The dynamic of things in the background at either end - toy guns being an example that's already come up