May 11, 2016

OT: Musing about future dates & events

I've been at AIIM 5 1/2 years as of this Sunday. This marks my third longest tenure with a single organization and my longest performing substantially the same duties. I'm not particularly looking to leave - love my team and the AIIM staff at large, enjoy what I do, and as a full-time teleworker since 2004, what's not to like?

All that said, is it hubristic of me to think about scheduling time off / scheduling around certain events I want to attend for 2017? I never used to think about planning further than about a quarter out, because you just never know. Maybe it's my old age catching up to me, or the fact that as lean as we are I do feel a certain amount of job security. Which now means that karma's gonna get me....

Anyway, I think as we start to look at scheduling for 2017, which we typically don't do for my stuff until Q3 or so, I'm going to be a bit more proactive in blocking out time for some of the events I used to go to but haven't because of scheduling conflicts. Things like ARMA Canada, and ARMA Houston, and maybe some of the training and/or association events, and at least one big SharePoint conference. Here's to me. :)

No comments: