September 18, 2021

I'm Back on the Speaking Circuit!

I'm happy to let everyone know that I'm available to speak at chapter and industry events. It's been a while, for a lot of reasons. But getting to talk with people is truly one of my favorite things to do in the industry. 

By way of background, I've been speaking on information management-related topics since around 2000. I've been privileged to speak at AIIM 2003 - 2021, ARMA 2003 - 2011, a number of MER conferences between 2010 and 2021, and more than 400 other events since 2003. I've also delivered a number of keynote sessions at conferences, user group meetings, and solution provider events. 

Topics

Here are some topics that I'm very comfortable doing - I speak on them regularly, albeit with different nuances for different audiences. This is not an exhaustive list, just the things I've done more recently. If you don't see your topic or angle on the list, reach out to me anyway and we can discuss. 

  • Professional Development for the Information Professional
  • How to Build Your Own Professional Development Plan
  • The Best Certifications for Records Managers
  • Harnessing Your Information to Create Business Value
  • How to Implement Social Media Governance
  • How to Improve Email Management Through Automation
  • How to Conduct a Business and Technical Assessment for Information Management
  • How to Improve Your Records Program with a Records Management Playbook

Some of these can be done as half- or full-day seminars or workshops, complete with checklists, guidelines, templates, etc. 

Delivery

I am quite comfortable doing in-person events, but you or your organization might not be. That's OK; I've been doing live remote events since 2004. For remote, I have access to Zoom, Slack, Teams, Webex, Google, etc. and if you have a different platform I'll figure it out. For in-person events, whatever venue you use, I can make work; I've spoken in bars, a bowling alley, and even Fenway Park and the Boston Zoo. 

Fees and Scheduling

Because I'm just now getting back in the groove, I'm not charging any speaking fees this year for association chapters for a typical 30-60 minute chapter meeting. I will charge a fee for half- or full-day events; that fee will depend on the topic, the audience, and whether it's in-person or not. For in-person events, even chapter meetings, I do need to recoup travel costs, but I'm a pretty cheap date. Solution providers and end user organizations? I'm available to speak at your events as well, but I do charge a fee and travel. 

If you're interested, reach out to me at jesse.wilkins@athroconsulting.com to discuss. Right now I'm scheduling about 60 days out; if you're interested in a Spring Seminar-type meeting, the sooner we chat, the better as I think my schedule will fill up. 

No comments: