June 27, 2022

I'm Available to Speak at Your Meeting - June 2022 Update

I noted last year that I was back on the speaking circuit. This post is an update to that one, with some updated topics and how I'm approaching speaking events for the rest of 2022 and 2023. 

By way of background, I've been speaking on information management-related topics since around 2000. I've been privileged to speak at AIIM 2003 - 2022, about a dozen ARMA conferences, a number of MER conferences between 2010 and 2022, and more than 400 other events since 2003. I've also delivered a number of keynote sessions at conferences, user group meetings, and solution provider events. 

Topics

Here are some topics that I'm very comfortable doing - I speak on them regularly, albeit with different nuances for different audiences. This is not an exhaustive list, just the things I've done more recently. If you don't see your topic or angle on the list, reach out to me anyway and we can discuss. 

  • Keynote: Harnessing Your Information to Create Business Value
  • How to Improve Your Records Program with a Records Management Playbook
  • How to Implement Social Media Governance
  • How to Conduct a Social Business Assessment
  • How to Improve Email Management Through Automation
  • Professional Development for the Information Professional
  • How to Build Your Own Professional Development Plan
  • The Best Certifications for Records Managers
  • How to Select the Right Certification for You
  • Information Management Industry Certifications: An Overview
  • How to Conduct a Business and Technical Assessment for Information Management

Some of these can be done as half- or full-day seminars or workshops, complete with checklists, guidelines, templates, etc. 

Delivery

Many organizations are moving back to in-person meetings, or at least hybrid ones. I am quite comfortable doing in-person events, but you or your organization might not be. That's OK; I've been doing live remote events since 2004. For remote, I have access to Zoom, Slack, Teams, Webex, Google, etc. and if you have a different platform I'll figure it out. 

For in-person events, whatever venue you use, I can make work; I've spoken in auditoriums, conference rooms, bars, a bowling alley, and even Fenway Park and the Boston Zoo. 

Fees and Scheduling

As was the case this past year, I have decided to waive any speaking fees for local or regional events for non-profits like ARMA and AIIM chaptersFor in-person events, even chapter meetings, I do need to recoup travel costs, but I'm a pretty cheap date. Solution providers and end user organizations? I'm available to speak at your events as well, but I do charge a fee and travel costs, with the fee based on the location, duration, and topic. 

If you're interested, reach out to me at jesse.wilkins@athroconsulting.com to discuss. Right now I'm scheduling starting in September 2022 through June 2023. If you're interested in a half- or full-day seminar, please contact me sooner than later as I have a very limited amount of availability for those. 

No comments: