August 9, 2024

Change to my IG-related courses listings

Recently I started pulling together a listing of all the training courses I could find that are relevant to the IG/RM field. I limited courses to instructor-led only, and solution-neutral only, because of the sheer volume of self-paced courses and solution-specific ones. Microsoft alone would be thousands of courses. Courses also have to be at least 3 hours long. I am willing to bend those rules if a self-paced or solution-specific training provider wants to pay for the privilege, and that will be clearly disclosed in the listing. 

I also made a sort of command decision to be picky about what topics I covered. For the first two listings, those topics were: 

  • Information Governance/Records Management
  • Policies and Procedures
  • Privacy and Data Protection
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Data Governance/Data Management
  • Document Control
I explicitly left off or removed a couple because I was already struggling with the volume. Those that got cut include: 
  • BPM/Process Automation
  • Change Management
And a couple of others that I started to build out and ran into various issues with. 

However, I've come to realize that this is still a really, really unwieldy list because of the volume. So. While I find the time to figure out how to a) automate this and b) put it in a calendar, I'm going to break up the listings by topic, so you'd only need to look for the topic(s) that interest you. Over the course of the next week or so I'll be posting separate lists for all 8 of the topics listed. 

I hope this will make these more useful in the short term. As always, if there's a topic you think I should be covering, or if you're aware of a training provider that offers instructor-led courses on one or more of these topics, let me know at jesse.wilkins@athroconsulting.com and I'll review and potentially add them. 

No comments: