Here's how we got here:
- We decided it was time to update the original CIP.
- We updated the exam outline and blueprint based on changes in the industry and technology.
- We wrote more than 300 exam questions.
- We launched a beta exam with those exam questions.
- We reviewed the performance of those beta exam questions.
- We set the passing score. Here's how we got to that score.
So what's next? Well, the exam is live, so if you're a candidate or know someone who is or should be, you can:
- Review the final updated CIP exam blueprint.
- Take a 25-question CIP sample exam.
- Get the official CIP study guide.
- Take an AIIM training course. These all align more closely to the CIP; taking a particular course will help to prepare you for that area of the exam.
- Take the AIIM CIP Prep workshop. This 4-day instructor-led workshop covers all the domains and topics on the exam. On the final day, attendees will be able to take a 100-question sample exam; at select workshops we will actually administer the CIP as an onsite proctored exam.
- Find a Kryterion test center near you.
- Register for the exam.
Already a CIP? Nothing changes for you - you do NOT need to take the revised CIP to maintain your CIP status. Provided, of course, that you complete your 45 CEUs within the 3 years after you were certified and pay the CEU fees. If you did not do that within 3 years, your CIP has expired and you do in fact need to take it again.
I can't tell you how excited I am about this relaunch. I believe that this revision has made the CIP a stronger, better-written, more useful exam and that it will continue to grow into the premier information management designation in the industry.
Questions or comments? Feel free to comment here or ping me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.