December 12, 2022

IGP CEU Opportunities

Update 12/4/2023: All of the ARMA webinars are behind the new LMS, so you'll need to search for them in their bookstore interface, and likely log in with an ARMA account as well, though I don't think you need to be a member. 

It's that time of year for many Certified Information Governance Professionals (IGP). Your 60 CEUs need to be submitted by the end of the year, and if you're like many, a) you've procrastinated and still need a few credits and b) you're not sure where to find some of the less commonplace topics like ethics and risk. I put this post together in the hopes that you may find it helpful as you wrap up your recertification requirements. You can find the details about what's required for renewal here: https://www.arma.org/page/IGP-recertification

Note: If ARMA thinks IGPs need to submit, e.g., 2 hours of ethics, or 4 hours of risk management, I think they need to have at least that number listed and readily available / findable on their website. 

The listings below include free resources from ARMA's website and others to allow IGPs some choice in what to submit for CEUs. I make no claim as to their quality, as I did not sit through every minute of every one of them, but the descriptions seemed like they would be good fits. I also have no relationship with any of these other than standard professional memberships in some of the associations listed. You may need to register to access the webinars, but I didn't link to anything behind a member paywall I don't think. 

There are some vendor-sponsored sessions; I didn't ask their permission to list these and you will likely need to fill in a form to get access. I also limited vendor sessions to no more than 2 per category. If you see something you think should be removed, drop me a note at jesse.wilkins@athroconsulting.com.  

Information Management - 15 hours

Information Security - 4 hours

Privacy - 4 hours

Risk Management - 4 hours

Legal - 4 hours

Technology - 4 hours

Business - 4 hours

Ethics - 2 hours

The remaining 19 hours can come from any of these areas. 

If you know of any other good resources that fit any of these descriptions, please send me a note at jesse.wilkins@athroconsulting.com and I'll add them. 

No comments: