November 12, 2021

ARMA Opens Nominations for the Board of Directors

ARMA announced today that it is seeking nominations to serve on the ARMA International Board of Directors starting in July 2022. Positions to be filled include: 

  • President-Elect
  • Two Directors
  • Treasurer
Nominations are due by November 30, 2021. A list of qualifications for the various positions can be found here: https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.arma.org/resource/resmgr/files/boardelection/board_pos_qual_2021-22.pdf Information on how to nominate or self-nominate, as well as the election timeline, can be found here: https://www.arma.org/general/custom.asp?page=Board_Elections

Aside: I think it's interesting that I wouldn't seem to qualify even to run for the Board, despite having served a full 3-year Director term as well as serving on AIIM's Board (and of course having been AIIM staff for nearly 11 years), just because my term was too long ago. I wasn't planning to run this year anyway, because I don't think I've been gone from AIIM long enough, but I wonder if the Election Committee might want to rethink that "within the past 5 years" element of qualification - not just for me, but that seems like a pretty significant limitation, and if I recall last year's election, it was all by acclamation due to a dearth of candidates. Eh bien.... 

No comments: